Globally, contact management systems are projected to have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of six percent each year through 2023. This is no surprise. Managing leads effectively has never been more important to business success.
Yet even call centers with top-of-the-line personal contact management systems often are not tracking the most important piece of information their businesses need. Keep reading now to learn what this missing piece is and why it's so important.
What the Best Contact Management Systems Track
There is some information that every CMS tracks. This includes:
- Lead names and company affiliations
- Lead contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses
- When and how the lead came into contact with your business
- What kind of lead the contact is
The best CMS platforms include advanced customer data management. Many offer omnichannel communication, as well. These tools allow businesses to track:
- When customers have been contacted
- How they were contacted and by whom
- To what extent, if any, customers engaged with those contacts
This provides companies with powerful information. It allows them to make more informed decisions. But it still isn't enough.
So what's missing? Conversion rates.
Why Conversion Rates Matter
Your company's conversion rate is a key indicator. If you are not converting leads into customers then your efforts are going to waste.
If you are not tracking your conversion rate:
- You have no way of knowing which type of marketing campaign is working best for your business
- You cannot accurately assess customer service representative (CSR) effectiveness
- You cannot accurately award promotions or commissions to CSRs based on their effectiveness
- Good data hygiene is difficult to implement and maintain
Combining conversion rate tracking with omnichannel communication also allows companies to do in-depth assessments. They can see how their automated tools support their call center's in-person communications with customers.
CMS platforms that do not include conversion management:
- Cripple businesses' ability to make informed decisions
- Leave businesses prone to wasting time and resources on ineffective campaigns
- Prevent businesses from readily identifying and duplicating or expending effective campaigns
This is why one of the best contact management system tips any business can receive is to select or upgrade to a CMS that accounts for lead conversion if they aren't already using one.
Other Contact Management Tips
In addition to choosing a CMS with advanced customer data management, omnichannel communication, and conversation rate racking, companies should choose cloud-based services accessible from anywhere. Cloud-based systems:
- Carry no software licensing expenses
- Do not require costly in-house IT departments to operate
- Can be accessed from anywhere
- Cannot be lost due to equipment damage or failure
- Have low start-up costs
It is also essential to choose systems that are scalable and can grow with your business over time.
Comprehensive Call Center Solutions
Volie offers comprehensive contact management and call center solutions. Our platform can help your business eliminate manual tasks, increase profits, and get the most out of your CMS. Schedule a discovery call today and discover everything Volie can do for you.